These came out way better than I had expected! That’s always really exciting…because it doesn’t happen often (at least for me). You either know what you’re getting into, or they’re not as good as you thought they would be…but this time I was quite please with my baking abilities 🙂
This recipe was inspired by my Magic Muffin recipe. I wanted to take that muffin and make it a little more cake-like.
Another reason why I made this recipe is because I had literally an entire bunch of bananas that was ready to be tossed…this is also why I also jammed 3 bananas in here. I think it would work with 2 large as well (incase you don’t have a bunch of bananas about to rot on your window sill… :0 ).
I made both regular sized muffins and minis. It came out to a dozen regular muffins and 20 mini muffins. After doing some research, about 3 mini muffins = 1 regular muffin. SO you can choose if you’d like to have 3 little bite sized snacks or 1 scrumptious muffin.
- 1 cup quick oats (or regular oats would work too)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt (TINY PINCH)
- 3 bananas, well ripened and mashed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp. 100% pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, optional
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Begin with your dry ingredients. Combine your oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt - then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash your bananas until they are oooey and gooey. Add your eggs, and whisk together. Then pour in the almond milk and applesauce - combine that. Then add your vanilla and whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine until muffin batter is formed. Make sure you
- mix well to not leave any dry ingredient on the bottom of the bowl. You want to get it all in there!
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin tins. You can use regular sized, or minis.
- Make for 30-35 minutes for regular and 15-20 minutes for minis.
WW: 3 PointsPlus
These muffins came out super moist, flavorful, and HEALTHY!!! I’m convinced this is maybe the tastiest, healthiest banana muffin recipe you’ll come by 🙂 At 108 calories per muffin and only 3 WeightWatchers PlusPoints…you can’t go wrong!
Just like the Magic Muffins, after they cool completely, you want to store them in the refrigerator. They’ll last up to a week. Before diving in, stick in the microwave for about 20 seconds and the chocolate chips on top will get all melty and delicious!
Enjoy your muffins!
(PS- usually I use my DSLR camera…but all of these photos were taken with my iphone6! Pretty cool…)