Surprisingly enough, I will not be hosting the Super Bowl party. Which is absolutely fine since we (Blake and I) hosted the holiday party and the New Years party. But, because I am not hosting, I am also not preparing too much food. I plan on brining some guacamole (homemade), chips, and salsa and slow cooker BBQ sticky drumsticks!
So, because I am going to make the drumsticks tomorrow, I unfortunately don’t have pictures of them just yet! I’ll have to add them tomorrow. However, I am posting the recipe below so you can feel free to try them along with me!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ~2 dozen drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 bottle Guy Fieri's Bourbon Brown Sugar Sweet & Sticky Sauce (19oz)
- 4 tsp. hot pepper sauce (of your choice, amount can vary based on liking)
- 4 tsp chili powder (again based on liking)
- 2 tsp. ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. thyme leaves, dried
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Chop onion, mince garlic cloves and place into the base of the slow cooker
- Remove the skin from the drumsticks, and discard
- Arrange drumsticks in the slow cooker as evenly as possible along the base, over the onion and garlic
- pour BBQ sauce and hot sauce over the drumsticks, move drumsticks around with tongs to ensure all pieces are covered with sauce
- Sprinkle chili powder, ginder, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the sauce
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5-6 hours
When cutting recipe in half, still use 1 bottle of BBQ sauce
I did make some quac. for lunch today, so here are some yummy pictures of that delicious green goop.
Quacamole Recipe (for 2; double, tripple, or taste for larger quantity)
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- ~1/4c onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- lemon juice, just a squeeze or two
- salt, a pinch to taste
- black pepper, a pinch to taste
In a bowl, soften avocado with a fork creating a smooth consistency. Chop onions, mince garlic, and fold into avocado mash. Squeeze lemon juice, add salt and pepper to taste, fold over with a fork to blend flavors together. ENJOY
I like my quac. simple and a little chunky (minimal small pieces of avocado). I usually don’t add any additional spices or tomatoes. Just keepin’ it simple and delicious!
Oh, don’t forget to print out your Super Bowl Sunday Game Day Workout!
Other ideas for healthy Super Bowl snacks…