So it’s been over a year since my last post – sorry about that! Since I’ve been gone I…
- Moved to NJ
- Hosted Thanksgiving (can’t wait to share my ideas for this coming season!)
- Got a PUPPY!!!
- Trained the puppy…
- Coached a High School Fencing Team…and will be returning this season 🙂
- This summer alone I’ve been to Chicago, California, Massachusetts (2x), and Detroit
- and STARTED A COMPANY!
So as you can imagine, it’s been a bit crazy! However, now I am back and more excited than ever to share what I’ve been up to, more healthy recipes, and how to stay fit when it seems impossible.
My sister, Robin, introduced me to this recipe and I’m so glad she did! She made them for our family trip to Massachusetts and it was a huge hit, especially with our cousins (ages 5 and 7?..I think!!!) Anyway, the name “Magic Muffins” was coined.
Best part about these muffins, other than the fact that they are super dooperly healthy…they are soooooo easy to make. Honestly.
Only 112 calories per muffin – 2g fat – 22g CHO – 3g protein – 2.5g fiber . I also decided to start incorporating WeightWatchers PointsPlus to my recipe calculations. 1 Magic Muffin = 3 WWPointsPlus
- 2½ cup oats (rolled or quick)
- ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. 100% pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- small handful of chocolate chips; about ¼c (optional)
- ¼ c walnuts, raw (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl (oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt). Set aside.
- Mash bananas in a separate bowl until they are well mashed. Mix in the egg, honey, and milk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold together until well mixed.
- Spoon batter into a lined or sprayed muffin pan. They will not rise much, so you can really fill them to the rim.
- Add your toppings! - chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, etc.
- Bake for 30-35 min. or until tops are golden brown.
- Transfer muffins from pan to a cooling tray. Once cooled, place in a container and refrigerate.
- Serve cold or microwave for 20-30 seconds before eating
- Muffins should last in the fridge for about 1 week.
WW: 3 PointsPlus
**NOTE**: Nutritional Information does not include walnuts.
30 minutes later…You have 12 delicious magic muffins! Be sure to stick them in the fridge after they are done cooling. It will keep them fresh and tasty for longer.
I’m excited to be back sharing with you!
I’m working on a few downloadable ebooks/files for the next upcoming months/holidays.
Sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter you will be one of the first to have access to these downloads!