We were invited to a dinner party with friends last night and I thought it would be nice to bring a dessert. I thought ok, it’s fall, it’s pumpkin season…duh, no brainer, pumpkin pie! So I went ahead and made the pumpkin pie, but had some extra pumpkin pie filling left over. I didn’t want to waste it, so I figured I’d bake the rest in mini muffin tins and see what happens.
They were delicious! The mini muffin tin was the perfect size for these adorable pumpkin pie bites. You don’t even truly notice the crust isn’t there because the outside of the mini pies get a bit crispy around the edges which gives it a nice chewy crunch. MMMmmm nom nom.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (nutmeg, all-spice, cinnamon, cloves)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15oz) puree pumpkin
- 1 can (12floz) evaporated milk
- Preheat oven 425F
- Lightly grease mini muffin tin(s) --
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in one bowl and whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, and evaporated milk in another.
- Slowly, in three parts, fold the wet ingredients into the dry until all ingredients are combined.
- Fill mini muffin tins with pumpkin filling and bake for 10 minutes
- Reduce temperature to 350F and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool and enjoy!