My apologies for not posting anything yesterday! I was running around all day, teaching classes, meeting with people about more classes, and then teaching some more. Crazy, but it was only one day.
Happy belated Halloween everyone! I made some granola for my Spin class yesterday as a healthy Halloween treat, and I promised I would post the recipe.
- 3¾ cup oats
- ⅔ cup sweetened coconut
- ⅔ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup freekeh (green wheat)
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites (about 6 tbsp. of egg whites)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure 100% vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Combine oats, coconut, pumpkin seeds, freekeh, cinnamon, and salt in one large mixing bowl
- In another, whisk together the egg whites, maple syrup, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla
- Pour the wet into the dry and fold ingredients together until oat mixture is evenly glazed with the egg white mixture
- on a lightly greased baking sheet, lay granola mixture out on the sheet. Be sure that granola is flat on the sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, give a quick stir every 10-15 minutes to prevent burning.
- Once cooled, about 30 minutes, mix in dried cranberries
I’ve made another batch later that day and added 1/4 cup of chia seeds in addition. So yummy and crunchy and just a great snack!