Crockpot recipes are the best! All you do is throw some ingredients in a pot and let it do its thing. Your only job is to enjoy when you get home. 🙂
I used pork to mix things up a bit, however chicken works great for this recipe too. If you use chicken, take about 3-4 chicken breasts and follow instructions below.
- 3lbs lean pork shoulder (chicken can be used as well)
- 1 medium/large onion, chopped
- 1c chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onion and place along the bottom of the crock pot
- Place pork over top of the sliced onion
- In a separate bowl combine chicken broth, honey, and soy sauce - then pour over top the pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Once it's cooked let it cool for 20-30 minutes or until it's cool enough to handle. Transfer it onto a cutting board and shred pork apart
- Place shredded pork back into the crockpot and mix with the remaining liquids
WW: 8 PointsPlus
Nutritional content does not include side of pasta and spinach.
Once cool, remove pork from pot onto a cutting board for shredding. 2 forks does the job nicely.
Place shredded pork back into the pot and mix remaining liquids. This will keep the pork juicy and tender.
Enjoy with a small portion of pasta and spinach or any sides of your choice. Using a tortilla as a wrap with cabbage, onions, and any other veggies of choice is a great way to use your leftovers!