Who knew you can cook a whole chicken in the crock pot!?! I had not idea, and then I just tried it, and it was amazing! Probably one of my most exciting discoveries…I know that’s a bit nerdy…
So it’s really easy, all you have to do is place chopped onions along the base of the crock pot and then stick the chicken(s) over top. I used cornish hens, but a full sized regular chicken will work just as. Rub some spices of your choice over the skin, and under the skin if you’d like.
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 medium whole chicken (or 2 small)
- (any additional spices of your choice for rubbing)
- Chop onions and place along the bottom of the crock pot
- Place chicken(s) in pot and rub spices over the skin, and under if you'd like
- Cover the pot and switch on HIGH for 4 hrs or until chicken easily falls off the bone