Here is a perfect pre-workout snack! If you like the taste of chocolate macaroons, you’ll probably fall in love with this recipe! I absolutely love them, I eat them before I workout, I had them for breakfast today…and then I eat them again after dinner as dessert…I really like them. This recipe is inspired by one I found on fitfoodiefinds.com. I came across this blog recently and she has a lot of great stuff.
For me, this recipe did take some time, but for you feel free to improvise with what you have. For example, I made my own almond butter!!! Which was super exciting, but it was an extra step, and required some extra clean up work. So feel free to use a almond butter, cashew butter, or even peanut butter of your choice. Just take note that the nutritional info will vary depending on what type of butter you use.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ¼ cup almond butter, unsalted (I processed mine myself, but you don't have to)
- ¼ cup dark agave nectar
- ~6 tbsp. water (if dough is too dry)
- In a small food processor, or a blender, combine flour, cocoa powder, and coconut - just a couple of seconds until well blended
- Add the nectar and almond butter next, and blend until a dough-like substance is formed
- If the dough seems too dry, add a bit of water - in 1 tbsp increments
- Dough should be adhesive enough to hold shape
Also, I’m sorry to disappoint, but I will not be posting a workout video today. I had second thoughts on the one I had created yesterday. So eventually it’ll happen, I just want to make sure it’s PERFECT!!! If any of you have any suggestions for things you’d like to see, please shoot me an email @ firstname.lastname@example.org. I love hearing from my followers and what spikes peoples interests.