One of my guilty pleasures is chicken pot pie…who knew! I especially like the frozen ones from Marie Callender’s…ahhhh they’re so delicious, but so horrible for you. I’ve seen a couple of recipes for lighter pot pie, but of course I needed to try it my own way.
It didn’t come out as thick as I would have liked, and there was something missing, but still pretty tasty. Because it was missing that “pot pie” flavor/texture and it ended up more stew-like, I am calling it “chicken veggie casserole stew”. This is only my first attempt. I am determined to master this recipe!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut up into bite sized pieces
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 1½ cup broccoli
- 1½ cup green beans
- 2 (10.5oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 9" pie crust, cut into strips
- Preheat oven 375F
- Cut up chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and place on the bottom of the casserole dish
- Chop carrots, broccoli, and green beans (optional) and place over chicken
- Pour cream of mushroom soup over the fresh ingredients, add a small amount of water or chicken broth if necessary to make it more soupy
- Lay out pie crust and cut long strips down the diameter. Place pie crust strips in a lattice formation on top of the casserole
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.