As you may already know from one of my previous posts, chicken pot pie is one of my favorite comfort foods. After my first attempt at chicken pot pie, the healthier way, I decided to give the soup version a try.
This recipe is incredibly easy, because I truly did not do much. I put everything in one pot, and vualá, dinner. I also did not make really anything from scratch, so prep work was little to none.
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 container Philadelphia Cooking Cream, savory garlic flavor
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggies
- 1 pie crust, rolled out
- Seasonings to taste, salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large pot sauté onions and garlic until they begin to turn translucent
- Add chicken pieces to pot and cook until onions begin to brown
- Pour in veggie broth followed by cooking cream
- Bring to a simmer, and then add the frozen veggies
- Give a stir and allow to cook, bringing to a simmer again
- In the mean time, roll out the pie crust and sprinkle with seasonings of your choice (salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
- Cut the pie crust into 8-10 squares/pieces and bake on a greased baking sheet for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy
*NOTE* nutritional information are not 100% accurate
For my next attempt I will use more whole ingredients to make the soup more creamy instead of using the Philadelphia cooking cream. My roommie used to use the cooking cream for pasta and stuff, and it always looked and tasted good, so I figured why not try it in soup! It worked well and is not terrible for you.